This week things were still moving a bit slowly with the Virtual Boy emulator, but I did get through the last video hardware feature I knew about, which refactors the drawing to happen in 8-pixel-high "blocks", and interrupts can be raised when the hw processes each block. I also did some more digging into whatever's causing bugs in the last couple games it should be able to support, but I wasn't able to find anything still. So, wanting to make more progress, I ended up starting on audio stuff!
This ended up going REALLY well, as it was a lot easier than I expected. So much so, in fact, that I did a whole stream just to talk about that specifically. I got through basic voicing/pitch, noise channel, mixing, etc. I still need to implement envelopes, more details with play control and sweep/modulation, but then that should be mostly covered. Also it's only outputting to .wav for now, so there's some top-level glue logic that also needs some love. But, we'll see how that goes in the next little bit :)