This week was a bit slow as I had some other things to deal with during the evenings, but I still managed to get rocket integration to work and finish up the export stuff. I also fixed a ton of asset management things so nothing
panics, implemented a proper
uniform operator that passes float uniforms to the currently-bound shader, and some other small things.
I've still got one more major item on my list remaining, and that's render targets. I also have text to do, but I'd like to put that off a bit until I can get some actual visuals started, as I'm really itching to dig into that stuff :)
In the meantime, I did end up sprucing up the editor a little bit. It's funny how much the little things matter; all I did was color-code the operators based on "category" (transform, var's, flow control, etc) and gave them much more relevant display text, and boy is this stuff easier to parse!
So, another productive week, and with 3 weeks until TRSAC, we'll be starting visuals this week... as long as I get the render target stuff sorted ;)
Last Edited on Sun Oct 02 2016 15:39:07 GMT-0400 (EDT)
Yas! This is really coming along dude. I remember you smashing your head against the keyboard trying to get dof working properly. I'm not educated at all on what your doing but I can say your UI looks fantastic ;)
on Mon Oct 03 2016 21:07:30 GMT-0400 (EDT)
Haha thanks man! Yeah it's similar to my old synth UI but it's for making rad visuals :) . Thing is it usually makes a lot of sense to describe scenes (or other structures) with connected nodes in a graph, but if you have very simple connections between the nodes you can simplify things by putting them on a grid and connecting them if they're touching somehow. Saves weeks of UI work and still gets you to something useful, while being applicable to lots of different datasets.
on Thu Oct 06 2016 07:46:11 GMT-0400 (EDT)