So this week isn't very interesting I'm afraid. Ive just been refactoring.
I made all the changes I wanted to from last week with the addition that I cleaned up FBOs in a way that means there is no longer a dedicated attachment object in the public api.
So now you can do the following:
;; make an fbo with color and depth attachments (defvar fbo (make-fbo :c :d)) ;; to get the first color attachment we use (attachment fbo 0) ;; to set the first color attachment we use (setf (attachment fbo 0) some-gpu-array) ;; to set blending for that attachment we use (setf (attachment-blending fbo 0) (make-blending-params :magnify :linear))
After getting this implemented I went though all the example projects updating them to the new styles. They all work now.
As usual though，when you clear one patch of weeds you see the smaller ones below. I found that I can make the gpu-buffer api more consistent and get some extra performance out of it at the same time. I have started on this an expect that this will be a fair chunk of next weeks everyweeks.
As usual though, when you clear one patch of weeds you see the smaller ones below <- this shit right there. Truest piece of advice there is.
Sounding good though dude! Refactoring feels so good to do when it comes out real nice 👍
on Mon Apr 11 2016 02:58:44 GMT-0400 (EDT)