Finishing snes-apu and snes-apu-dbg

Finishing snes-apu and snes-apu-dbg

by ferris

This week I hammered down and nailed the last emulation bugs and features I needed in snes-apu, my Super Nintendo audio unit emulator! This was huge for me; I've been working on this project for some time and it's SO cool to see it finally come to fruition.

Part of nailing those bugs involved finishing the snes-apu-dbg project that I started last week. More details about that project, what it represents for me, etc, can be found in the link :)

Finally, one of the last features I implemented for snes-apu was gaussian resampling. This is a technique used by the hardware to "smooth" out the overall sound when pitching samples, and something I've wanted to do for a long time. It involved generating a discretized gaussian kernel, so I also wrote some code to do that and released it in its own repo :D

So it was a super productive week for these projects, and I'm super stoked to move on to projects that will use these internally. You'll see more of those in the coming weeks for sure :)

Overall feeling after this week:


Last Edited on Sun Oct 25 2015 20:50:32 GMT-0400 (EDT)

bau5 commented

hell yeah son. you're on a roll with this stuff!

on Mon Oct 26 2015 01:22:59 GMT-0400 (EDT)